LATEST

Nicki Minaj Channels Sade Adu For T magazine, Admits She Sometimes Feels Like Giving Up


Nicki Minaj is the cover star of T magazine where she channels iconic singer,Sade Adu.

Speaking on overcoming hurdles,she told the magazine

"Sometimes I wake up and say, ‘I don’t know if I can do this anymore,’ you know? I’ve had those times. I’ve had those years where I’m just like, ‘Am I good enough?’ ” But she believes in her “ability to withstand what would break the normal girl,” she says..

“I kind of love that I’ve had to go
 through so many hurdles to get where I am because I feel like I deserve it. I had so much going against me in the beginning: being black, being a woman, being a female rapper. No matter how many times I get on a track with everyone’s favorite M.C. and hold my own, the culture never seems to want to give me my props as an M.C., as a lyricist, as a writer. I got to prove myself a hundred times, whereas the guys that came in around the same time as I did, they were given the titles so much quicker without anybody second-guessing.”
When asked who she thinks she’s influenced, she recalled that around 2 years ago, Kanye West said to her, “
 ‘Every girl I hear rap, I can hear Nicki in her rap.’ I didn’t ask him who, but that was such a great compliment. Because sometimes you think you’re the only one that can hear those types of things.”,

No comments